Welcome to my Website!
It has been an honor to serve our community as your council member since 2009. I am excited to take the next step of community service by running for Mayor of Duvall. I am proud of the achievements of our city during my second term.
- We received $6 million in grants for Highway 203 improvements.
- We funded Big Rock Ball Fields improvements, a school resource officer and critical IT infrastructure replacement.
- Our police and public works departments have adopted a robust social media outreach program, receiving national recognition.
- Our communications and budget process are more transparent and accessible than at anytime in the City’s history.
- We hired a full-time City Administrator to professionally manage the day to day operations of the City, increasing efficiencies and accountability.
- We have maintained core services despite reduced revenue from state and federal sources.
- We completed both a Comprehensive Plan and award winning Watershed Plan with extensive input from the community.
As Mayor, I will continue my work everyday to maintain our “small-town feel”, keep our community safe, and help Duvall be a city we can all be proud of.
But this takes hard work, collaboration and dedication. Your government must:
- Ensure implementation of policy that honors the work of all who provided input and helped develop our Comprehensive Plan.
- Increase the amount and variety of city information available online
- Keep ensuring public safety is our first priority, and never forget our responsibility to provide vital services to our neighbors who need our help.
- Update our 2009 Parks, Trails and Open Space plan, including the identification of funding sources to implement it as the community desires.
- Develop and implement a program that encourages (and helps fund) sidewalks in neighborhoods that want them, and prioritizes key connections throughout the City.
- Seek grant funding for city infrastructure including roads, sidewalks, water, sewer and storm water.
- Assure fiscal stability, an excellent credit rating and a sustainable budget for years to come through updates to how we account for infrastructure inventory and budget for repairs and replacements.
None of these things can be accomplished without the collaboration of the City Council. I am dedicated to working with the council to ensure these priorities are accomplished, and done well. As a councilmember, I promised to bring a balanced and regional perspective, put our community’s interests first and actively seek out solutions to improve the way the city does business. I am proud to have kept my promises and would be honored to have your continued support as your next Mayor.
Additionally, if there is one thing that having a full-time City Administrator has taught me, it is the need to ensure full-time professional management at the helm for the long-term. To ensure the position remains intact, I believe the best thing we can do as a city is to move from a Mayor-Council from of government to a Council-Manager form within the next few years. I will work towards receiving council consensus and getting a measure on the ballot for a community decision. (Yes, that means voting away the very position I am campaigning for.)
Finally, as a wife and mom whose family has chosen to make Duvall our home, the future of our city has the same importance for my family as it does for yours. Together we will keep Duvall’s small town charm and improve upon what makes our city great.
My door is always open to listen to your concerns. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (425) 419-7660 or email@example.com .